Monday, January 12, 2009

The news - good and bad

Isaac -
The pink eye seems to be gone. I say this with cautious optimism, but I think it's gone for good. He is pretty much back to normal except for a little congestion and cough when he first wakes up in the morning. We go back to the doctor for a weight check next week. When we were there a few weeks ago for the coughing and congestion he had actually lost a little weight because he had no appetite. I think we're doing fine with that now - not 100%, but much better.

Jonah -
Ran a fever all weekend except when the Motrin was in his system. Had an episode of throwing up yesterday afternoon which, much to his chagrin, kept him home from AWANA last night. I'm keeping him home from school today because he coughed so much last night that he barely got any sleep. Poor kid has dark circles under his eyes - you can just tell he's not well. We go back to the doctor this afternoon for a check on his ears and to figure out what in the world we can do to stop this cough and help him get some sleep.

Thanks for the continued prayers. I'm sorry I don't have much else to blog about right now. I guess the positive is that my mom came for a visit this weekend and Chad and I were able to have dinner out with friends on Saturday night. We hurried home so Chad could watch the Panthers in the play-offs. Five Delhomme-thrown interceptions later and we decided we should've gone to a movie instead!

No comments: