I see some of you have been checking back, probably wanting to know if we're all ok. The boys are pretty much back to normal. Chad is doing ok - just a sore throat and cough. Me? I feel like I got hit by a truck. Not that I really know how that feels - it's just a guess. My throat hurts, my head hurts, basically my whole body hurts. I just want to curl up under the covers and hibernate for the rest of the winter. Yes, that would be nice.
Since you've been waiting so patiently, I'll go ahead and fill you in on Christmas while the Tylenol is working.
Chad had to work on Christmas Eve until 5:00, so it was just us at home - which was quite nice, actually. A couple from church had given us an Olive Garden gift card, so Chad picked up some dinner for us from the OG and we had it at home. We followed it up by opening some gifts and watching "A Christmas Story." Great classic. Although I didn't realize at the time that it really isn't suitable for 6 yr old ears. Now I know.
On Christmas morning we were awakened by Jonah at 5:30 - YES, 5:30!!! - because "Santa was here!!" I got up long enough to take pictures and then crawled back in bed until Isaac rang around 8:00. We had a quick breakfast and packed up so we could head to Chad's dad's in Columbia. We got there around 12:30 or so and had "breakfast." No one makes scrambled eggs like my father-in-law, I tell ya. We then opened more presents and then all of us took a nap - except Jonah, of course. Around 5:00 that evening we headed across town to my mom's where we spent the night. I think she was thrilled to have us all under her roof. Except for her cat, mom lives alone, so she loves to have company.
The next morning I made a breakfast casserole and then we just hung out until my brother and his family came over around 1:00 or so for our big family meal and ...you guessed it....more presents! I was completely overwhelmed by the basket of art supplies my sister-in-law gave to Jonah. I don't think he shall ever want for a crayon, piece of paper, glue, scissors or anything you can think of - ever again!
We packed it up and headed home around 4:30 or so. We had a great time away, but it is always nice to be home again. Of course it wasn't long after that that we all began to get sick, but fortunately such things are temporary.
I've included a few pics of all the fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment