Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The layered look

So yesterday, after doing a few loads of laundry, I was so proud of myself that I actually folded one load straight from the dryer. That just about never happens. Of course, I couldn't be so efficient as to actually take those clothes directly to our dressers, but never-the-less, they were folded and waiting in the laundry basket. While Jonah was eating breakfast this morning, I proceeded to take that stack of folded laundry and place it on the couch while picking out what Jonah would be wearing. Thankfully he still usually agrees to wear whatever I pick out. I laid out his pants and was going to let him choose the shirt he wanted from the folded stack. I got busy making his lunch while he finished breakfast and got washed up. I told him his clothes were on the couch, but I failed to mention he needed to pick the shirt. He put on his pants and then I noticed he was standing there just kind of staring blankly at the folded stack of shirts. Finally he looked up at me and said, "Um, mama? How many shirts am I wearing today?!" I couldn't say anything for a few minutes as I laughed hysterically. The look of relief on his face was priceless when I told him he only needed to pick one.

No comments: