School starts on Wednesday. My baby - my first baby - will be headed off to Kindergarten. Please pray for him. Pray that his heart will be protected and that he'll remember the things he's been taught at home. Pray for his teacher. Pray that she will be kind and patient and good at her job. Finally, pray for me. Although he's been in "school" of some kind for the past four years, this is still a big change for both of us. I know it's so cliche, but time really does fly. Those of you who have little ones - enjoy every single minute. I leave you with an excerpt from one of my favorite books - one that I cannot seem to get through without my eyes welling up. It is Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury.
a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave to me your past
And I will be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts...


No comments:
Post a Comment