
Tonight the Opening Ceremonies for the Beijing 2008 Olympics begin at 7:30pm EST on NBC. I.AM.SO.EXCITED!! Ever since I was a little girl, I remember being allowed to stay up and watch the opening ceremony! In 1996, just a few short weeks after we were married, Chad and I were able to be in Atlanta for some of the summer games. It was the most awesome feeling in the world. I think we saw the Chinese women's basketball team playing Japan and the Brazilian men's volleyball team playing...um....some other country. Yeah, good memories...haha! At last, my own flesh and blood is finally old enough to appreciate the excitement of this event! So with popcorn in hand, we will be tuning in to watch this moment in history. I have no idea how long he'll make it or if he'll even enjoy it, but I sure have talked it up enough! My favorite events are swimming, diving and gymnastics. Oh....and beach volleyball is always fun, as well. I hope this is just the beginning of a special tradition in this household. And oh, by the way, GO USA!!

No comments:
Post a Comment