
So I am a blog addict, I think. I have probably no less than 30 blog sites in my favorites list. One that I frequent on a daily basis is Beth Moore's blog. This summer she is facilitating a Bible study written by Kelly Minter. The study is called "No Other Gods: Confronting our Modern Day Idols." When most people think of an "idol", we probably revert back to our Sunday School lessons about idols of gold and such. Kelly teaches that an idol is actually ANYTHING that you are using as a substitute for God. An idol can be a good thing, in and of itself, but it's the attention we give it and the time we spend on it, thinking about it, desiring it, whatever "it" may be, that makes it our idol - our substitute. I am doing this study with nine other ladies from church and we are having an awesome time of fellowship together. I highly recommend this study - to do on your own or with a group of friends. You can read more about it at http://livingroomseries.com/store/. It will really open your eyes to the things that are functioning as gods in your life - when all we really need is to place our complete trust and dependence on the one true living God.

No comments:
Post a Comment