Friday, June 27, 2008

The latest news

Isaac
We finally have a tooth!! After months of chewing and drooling and anticipation, Isaac's first little tooth has appeared, at last. The timing could not have been worse. You see, he also had his 6 month check-up this week - and that means shots. So the poor little guy had 3 shots and cut his first tooth all in one week. God bless the ladies who kept nursery this week at VBS! Last night was a challenge, but they are both great mommies themselves and gave him lots of extra TLC. The other news at his check-up is that now my little guy is..um...well...not so little. He is 21 lbs, 14 oz and 29.5" long. Off the charts for height and 95th percentile for weight. What can I say - I grow 'em big. Everyone asks what I'm feeding him - and really, it's just formula. We are slowly adding new foods, but he still doesn't show much interest..and honestly, it's not like he isn't growing well! I'll try to snap a pic of that little tooth when I get a chance.
Jonah
Jonah is READY FOR KINDERGARTEN!! Honestly, not to sound boastful at all, but I worry the child will be bored. He already knows all his shapes, letters, numbers, can sound out simple words for spelling, can write his full name, can tell time (still working on 5, 10, 15....), can cut, paste, draw better than I can, and "can't wait to go to my new school!" In addition to going to a "new school!" next year, he will also be starting piano lessons - much to my delight - and will be playing soccer - much to his father's delight. Jonah is such a blessing. He loves Isaac to pieces and is the best helper to me. He has such a tender heart and can be quite sensitive, which is sometimes tough when you're a little boy and other little boys want to play rough, but I'm hoping that is something that he can hold on to because I think that's a great quality and it came straight from his daddy. We've also been doing a lot of talking about heaven, Jesus and what it means to ask Jesus to "save us" and how when we do that, we're given the promise of eternal life. He's not too sure about heaven..."will they have toys?"....."will they have my favorite foods?" I can totally understand that it's a strange concept to a child, but I think he's beginning to understand it's better than ANYTHING we'll ever experience on earth. I will not push my child to make a decision because it is his decision to make, but I will pray over him like crazy that his heart will be protected and that one day he will come to choose Jesus. Aahhh...goose bumps!!

2 comments:

The Culbertsons said...

Lots of great news Tonya! Isaac is such a BIG boy! He is almost 3 lbs heavier than Thomas and half an inch longer than him and Thomas is 10 months old! When does school start for Jonah? I bet you are going to cry that first day - how sweet!

Tonya said...

WOW - I knew Isaac was big, but bigger than a 10 month old? I just keep telling myself God made my boys big for a special purpose. School starts August 20th. I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition. Jonah is already used to the idea of "school" having attended a great church preschool program. Hopefully he'll enjoy it as much as he is looking forward to it!