For the one or two of you who are faithful to check back, I just wanted to let you know that Lainee's c-section is scheduled for July 6th. If all goes well, we will be welcoming our baby girl on that day. Lainee is doing well - checking in about 2 weeks ahead size-wise. You might want to note, too, that we've changed the spelling of her name. Chad decided he wanted to use his mother's name exactly as it is - Elaine - and simply move the first "E" to the end making the official spelling "Lainee." We'll probably have to explain it many, many times, but I think it should make perfect sense to most people once we do.
The sad news is that it looks like I will not be able to travel to my brother-in-law's wedding in 6 weeks. He's getting married in Tampa which is about a 10 hr car ride. My doctor is concerned about blood clots and advised against the trip unless we are willing to stop every 1-2 hours for me to get out and walk. I know we'd make a lot of stops, anyway, with 2 kids, but that's A LOT of stopping - especially with a husband who likes to make "good time." The doctor said we can re-evaluate in a few weeks when I go back, but that was his initial reaction when I asked him yesterday.
In other news, it looks like the worst is over for Chad who suffered about a 2-week bout with a kidney stone last month. All I know is that women who have had them seem to prefer childbirth over the stone - that's saying a lot! I'm really hoping it was a one time thing and that he doesn't have to deal with that ever again!
Time to run and get some things done. We're looking forward to a fun weekend filled with Jonah's first piano recital and a "date night" while my mom is here for a few days. Hope all is well with anyone who actually reads this!! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment