I'm excited to share that we finally have a boy name AND a girl name that we agree upon! It took a little while, but I am really pleased with what we've come up with - and I really believe Chad is, too.
With both our boys, we knew we wanted biblical names - but not the typical, common ones that get used so often. I think we did pretty well with both Jonah and Isaac. Isaac is actually a little more popular than Jonah, but I loved the whole story of Abraham and Sarah and the meaning of Isaac being "laughter." This time around we were hitting a brick wall. Chad actually tried to convince me of the name Ezra, but I'm sorry, I wouldn't budge. I just couldn't imagine looking into my sweet baby's face and calling him Ezra! The other night I decided to go online and research biblical boy names and their meanings. Lo and behold I came across a name that actually means "three" or "the third" - how appropriate! So, I present to you our name if #3 is a boy - Silas Culbertson. Silas meaning "the third" and Culbertson being Chad's mom's maiden name.
Now, if #3 happens to be a girl, our choice was quite simple. We will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of Chad's mom going home to be with the Lord this June. Yes, I say "celebrating" because we know she gets to see and talk to Jesus face to face every day! In honor and in memory of my mother-in-law, Elaine, our baby girl (if it's a girl) will be named Lanie Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my middle name and it is the name my mom gave me when I was adopted. I was given the name Tonya at birth, but my mom - the only mom I've ever known as the woman who raised me - gave me the name Elizabeth.
So there you have it!! Silas Culbertson or Lanie Elizabeth...and we should be finding out in the next 5 weeks or so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are both so happy for "yall".We know that Elaine would be thrilled also. We love the names!! You are truly blessed already to have those two precious boys....now even more so. Our prayers are always with you guys. We love you.Roger and Vivian
Post a Comment