Wednesday, March 26, 2008
What is it with babies and gas?
What is it with babies and gas? I mean, seriously, never in my life would I have thought that such a monstrous sound could come out of such a tiny little body! The worst part about it is, well, it hurts. And at 2:00am, it really hurts. Such was the case last night. I had such high hopes of getting a good night's sleep due to the fact that the previous night the little guy had graced me with a full 8 hrs! Could it be too much to ask for that to happen two nights in a row? Apparently so. So there I am, in bed, sound asleep at 2:00am when I awaken to the sounds. Yes, all the mothers out there (because the fathers never seem to hear them!) know exactly what I'm talking about when I say the sounds. Sigh. The baby's awake. Pleeease let him go back to sleep. Please. Silence. Could it be? Maybe? Is he....NO...he's definitely awake. Ugh. So I wait...just a little longer...until it's obvious the sounds are not going away on their own. So I'm up, and down the hall in a flash. I try the paci - sometimes it actually works. The little guy willingly accepts, but as he does so, his little legs lift high into the air and the cause of his restlessness is loudly revealed. Great. I dash to the kitchen for the Mylicon. One dose of Mylicon, 15 minutes of rubbing his belly, plus one dose of Tylenol (hey, I figure he needs all the help he can get) and the little guy is finally back to sleep. Sigh. I slowly and carefully back away. This is the moment when you just pray with all your might that you can at least get out of the room without him waking up. Success! I quietly glide down the hall, back to bed, and as I nestle down under the covers, thankful for the silence and hopeful to quickly return to my slumber, what does my husband do? Yep. You guessed it. Sigh. What is it with men and gas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen, sister!
Post a Comment